|SCAA General Meeting (3 Aug 2018)|
||GM (3 Aug 2017)|
NOTICE OF GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that a General Meeting of the Society will be held at The Society’s Premises, 6/F., 88 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong on 3 August 2018 (Friday) at 2:30 p.m. for the following purpose:
To discuss, and if thinks fit, passing following resolutions as special resolutions:-
1. By deleting the existing article 42 in its entirety and the following new article 42 be substituted in lieu thereof: -
42. An Annual General Meeting shall be called by not less than twenty-one days’ notice and a General Meeting shall be called by not less than fourteen days’ notice. The notice shall be exclusive of the day on which it is served or deemed to be served and of the day for which it is given, and shall specify the place, the day and the time of Meeting and, the general nature of that business and shall be given, in manner hereinafter mentioned, to such persons as are under the Articles entitled to receive such notices.
Provided that a Meeting shall, notwithstanding that it is called by shorter notice than that specified in this Article, be deemed to have been duly called if it is so agreed:-
a. in the case of a Meeting called as the Annual General Meeting, by all the Fellow/Ordinary Members entitled to attend and vote thereat; and
b. in the case of any other Meeting, by a majority in number of the Fellow/Ordinary Members having a right to attend and vote at the Meeting, such majority representing not less than ninety-five per cent of the total voting rights at that Meeting.
2. By deleting the existing article 44 in its entirety and the following new article 44 be substituted in lieu thereof: -
44. Subject to the provisions of Article 106, the Honorary Secretary shall, in the case of the Annual General Meeting send to every Member at his registered address or in a manner in accordance with Article 111, with the notice of the Meeting a copy of the reporting documents (as specified in section 357(2) of the Ordinance) and a list of the persons nominated for election as Members of the Council and as Auditor or Auditors; and a copy of any proposed resolution of which notice has been given in accordance with Article 41.
By Order of the Council
Wong Chun Sek, Edmund
Date: 13 July 2018
Please note that:
1. Article 54 of the Articles of Association of the Society provides that “No Member shall be entitled to be present or to vote at any General Meeting who is in arrears with any subscription or payment of any sum payable by member to the Society.”
2. In order for the instrument appointing a proxy to be valid, the same must be delivered to the Honorary Secretary at the Society’s office at 6/F., 88 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong at least forty-eight (48) hours, excludes Saturday and Sunday, before the time for holding the above General Meeting and adjourned Meeting at which the person named in the instrument proposes to vote, or in the case of a poll, at least twenty-four (24) hours before the time appointed for the taking of the poll.
||02:30 PM - 03:00 PM|
||The Society’s Premises, 6/F., 88 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong|